Skillet Chicken with Summer Succotash
- SERVINGS: 6
- 6 cups fresh corn kernels (about 9 ears)
- 1/4 vanilla bean
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped tarragon
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- Four 6-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 4 carrots, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/2 Spanish onion, finely chopped
- 1 pound baby lima beans, shelled
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- In a vegetable juicer, juice 4 cups of the corn kernels; strain the juice through a fine sieve into a small saucepan. Add the vanilla bean and cook over low heat, stirring often, until thickened, about 25 minutes. Add the lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of the tarragon and the lemon zest and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet. Season the chicken breasts generously with salt and pepper, add to the skillet and cook over moderately high heat until browned, about 6 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- In the same skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil. Add the carrots and cook over moderate heat for 5 minutes. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes. Add the lima beans and cook for 4 minutes. Transfer the vegetables to a bowl.
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of oil. Add the remaining 2 cups of corn kernels and stir to coat with the oil. Cook over moderately high heat, stirring once, until browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in the corn sauce, the remaining 1 tablespoon of tarragon and the reserved vegetables. Cut the chicken into chunks or slices and serve with the succotash and lemon wedges.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.