- 6 cups fresh corn kernels (about 9 ears)
- 1/4 vanilla bean
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped tarragon
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- Four 6-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 4 carrots, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/2 Spanish onion, finely chopped
- 1 pound baby lima beans, shelled
- Lemon wedges, for serving
How to make this recipe
In a vegetable juicer, juice 4 cups of the corn kernels; strain the juice through a fine sieve into a small saucepan. Add the vanilla bean and cook over low heat, stirring often, until thickened, about 25 minutes. Add the lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of the tarragon and the lemon zest and season with salt and pepper.
Heat 1/2 tablespoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet. Season the chicken breasts generously with salt and pepper, add to the skillet and cook over moderately high heat until browned, about 6 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
In the same skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil. Add the carrots and cook over moderate heat for 5 minutes. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes. Add the lima beans and cook for 4 minutes. Transfer the vegetables to a bowl.
In the same skillet, heat the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of oil. Add the remaining 2 cups of corn kernels and stir to coat with the oil. Cook over moderately high heat, stirring once, until browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in the corn sauce, the remaining 1 tablespoon of tarragon and the reserved vegetables. Cut the chicken into chunks or slices and serve with the succotash and lemon wedges.
One serving 404 calories, 8.6 gm total fat, 1.5 gm saturated fat.