© Cedric Angeles
Skillet-Charred Cherry Tomatoes with Basil
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: 10
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 24 squash blossoms (optional)
- 1/4 cup small basil leaves or chopped basil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat a 12-inch cast-iron skillet over high heat until smoking, 5 minutes. Add the olive oil, tomatoes and squash blossoms and cook until the tomatoes are lightly charred and about to burst, 3 minutes.
- Off the heat, stir in the basil. Season with salt and pepper and serve right away.