- 1 pound fedelini or capellini pasta
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup minced flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped basil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup freshly grated Pecorino-Romano cheese (about 4 ounces)
How to make this recipe
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente. Transfer to a colander and drain.
Meanwhile, in a large, deep skillet, combine the oil with the garlic and crushed red pepper and cook over moderate heat until the garlic is fragrant but not colored, about 1 minute. Add the herbs and cook just until they begin to sizzle, about 30 seconds. Remove from the heat, add the pasta and toss to evenly coat with the herbs. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer the pasta to a large bowl, toss with the cheese and serve immediately.
A Zinfandel will match the spiciness of this dish and deliver some pepperiness of its own. Try one from California.