- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 large garlic cloves, very finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons small capers, drained
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
How to make this recipe
- In a very large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil until shimmering. Season the shrimp generously with salt and pepper. Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook over high heat until they are lightly browned and barely opaque, about 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the skillet, along with the garlic and capers, and cook for 30 seconds. Turn the shrimp and add the lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of the chopped parsley. Cover and cook over low heat until the shrimp are cooked through and the sauce is slightly reduced, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer the shrimp to plates and spoon the Provençal sauce on top. Sprinkle the shrimp with the remaining 1 tablespoon of parsley and serve.
One Serving 308 cal, 17 gm fat, 2.6 gm saturated fat, 4 gm carb, 0 gm fiber.
Crusty whole wheat bread.