- 1 1/2 pounds large sea scallops
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large Yukon Gold potatoes (3/4 pound), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 large scallions, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- 6 ounces snow peas, trimmed (2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons water
How to make this recipe
Season the scallops with salt and pepper. In a very large skillet, heat the vegetable oil until shimmering. Add the scallops to the skillet, evenly spaced apart. Add the potatoes in an even layer around the scallops and cook over high heat until the scallops are browned, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer the scallops to a plate.
Season the potatoes with salt and pepper and turn them over. Add the scallions and rosemary to the skillet and cook over moderate heat, undisturbed, for 5 minutes. Add the snow peas and cook, stirring a few times, until the snow peas are tender, about 3 minutes. Transfer the vegetables to plates.
Add the water to the skillet along with the scallops and any accumulated juices and cook, stirring, until heated through, about 30 seconds. Spoon the scallops over the potatoes and snow peas, drizzle with the pan juices and serve.