- 1 ounce aged rhum agricole
- 1 ounce VS Cognac, preferably Landy
- 1 ounce Chai Tea Syrup (see Note)
- 3/4 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 teaspoon Velvet Falernum (clove-spiced liqueur)
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg, for garnish
How to make this recipe
In a chilled wineglass, combine the rum, Cognac, Chai Tea Syrup, lemon juice, grapefruit juice and Velvet Falernum. Fill the glass with ice and stir well. Garnish with the nutmeg.
Chai Tea Syrup: In heatproof jar, steep 2 tablespoons loose chai tea in 8 ounces boiling water for 4 minutes. Strain the tea. Add 3/4 cup Demerara sugar, cover and shake until fully dissolved. Refrigerate for up to 3 weeks. Makes about 10 ounces.