- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, plus more for seasoning
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 small chicken breast, chopped into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 lemon wedge
How to make this recipe
In a small bowl, whisk together the chicken stock, soy sauce, garlic, sesame oil, honey, crushed red pepper, black pepper and cornstarch. Set aside.
In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Add the chicken and stir-fry over moderately high heat until no longer pink and cooked through, about 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in the skillet. Add the peppers, broccoli, and carrots, and cook until crisp-tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
Stir the chicken stock mixture into the vegetables and cook until thickened, about 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the chicken and cook until heated through, about 1 to 2 more minutes. Season with additional soy sauce, if desired. Finish with a squeeze of lemon.