- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 1
Probably no mixed drink has been as mistreated as this one. As Dale DeGroff, mixologist of Blackbird Restaurant in New York City, says, "The only thing most bartenders know about the Singapore Sling is that it's supposed to be red." This is an adaptation of the original recipe from Raffles Hotel in Singapore.
- 2 tablespoons gin
- 1 tablespoon grenadine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 6 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1/2 tablespoon Benedictine
- Angostura bitters
- 1 tablespoon Cherry Heering
- Triple Sec
- Fill a shaker with ice. Add the pineapple juice, gin, lime juice, Cherry Heering, grenadine, Benedictine, a dash of Triple Sec and 3 dashes of Angostura bitters. Shake for 1 minute and strain over ice into a tall glass.