- SERVINGS: makes 1 drink
“The Singapore Sling is one of my favorite tropical cocktails,” says Julie Reiner. Most drink histories credit the recipe to a bartender named Ngiam Tong Boon, who’s said to have mixed the first Sling around 1915 at the Long Bar inside Singapore’s Raffles Hotel.
- 1 1/2 ounces gin, preferably Plymouth
- 1 ounce Sling Business (See Note)
- 1 1/2 ounces chilled pineapple juice
- Dash of Angostura bitters
- 1 brandied cherry skewered on a pick with 1 pineapple wedge, for garnish
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add all of the remaining ingredients except the garnish and shake well. Strain into a chilled, ice-filled coupe and garnish the drink with the skewered cherry and pineapple wedge.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.