Shrimp with Green Beans and Toasted Coconut
- TOTAL TIME: 40 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1/2 pound slender green beans
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 Thai chile, minced
- 1 pound medium shrimp—shelled, deveined and halved lengthwise
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- Steamed rice, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook until just tender, about 2 minutes. Drain and spread out on a large plate to cool to room temperature.
- Spread the coconut on a baking sheet and bake until golden, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate and let cool.
- In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil. Add the onion and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 7 minutes. Add the garam masala and chile and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the shrimp, season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring, until the shrimp are just white throughout, about 3 minutes. Stir in the green beans and cook to heat through, about 1 minute. Stir in the coconut milk and soy sauce, then fold in the toasted coconut. Transfer to plates, garnish with the cilantro and serve with steamed rice.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.