Shrimp Slaw with Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette
- TOTAL TIME: 40 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 pound green cabbage, cored and finely shredded (4 cups)
- 1/4 pound red cabbage, finely shredded (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 pound jicama, peeled and cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely grated
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- In a large saucepan of salted boiling water, cook the shrimp until just white throughout, about 1 1/2 minutes. Drain and let cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk the lime juice, oil, jalapeño and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Add the green and red cabbages and the jicama, carrot and cilantro; toss well. Add the shrimp, toss again and serve right away.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.