Shrimp Salad with Lime Zest
- SERVINGS: 6 to 8
- 1 cup kosher salt
- 6 cups cold water
- 2 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lime zest
- 1/4 cup finely diced celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced garlic chives
- Table salt and freshly ground pepper
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Prepare a bowl of ice water.
- In a large bowl, dissolve the kosher salt in the water. Add the shrimp and let stand for 30 seconds, then rinse well. Add the shrimp to the boiling water and cook until firm and pink, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain the shrimp and transfer to the ice water to cool. Drain again and pat dry.
- In a bowl, beat the cream until stiff. Whisk in the mayonnaise, lime juice and zest, and stir in the celery, dill and chives. Add the shrimp and toss well. Season with table salt and pepper and serve.
Highlight the sweet shrimp and the tangy dressing with a light, citrusy Riesling from Washington State.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.