- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 cup coarsely chopped, drained jarred roasted red peppers (6 ounces), 1 tablespoon of oil from the jar reserved
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Four 1-inch-thick slices of ciabatta bread
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound shelled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1 medium Vidalia or other sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup minced chives
How to make this recipe
- Light a grill. In a small bowl, mix the vinegar with the honey, mustard, 1/4 cup of the olive oil and the reserved 1 tablespoon of red pepper oil. Season the vinaigrette with salt and pepper.
- Brush the ciabatta slices on both sides with olive oil and grill over high heat until lightly charred, about 1 minute per side. Let cool slightly, then cut into 1-inch cubes.
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the garlic and shrimp, season with salt and pepper and cook over moderate heat until the shrimp are pink and curled, about 1 minute per side. Scrape the shrimp and garlic into a bowl and let cool slightly.
- Add the roasted red peppers, onion, chives and croutons to the shrimp. Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and toss well. Transfer to plates and serve.
Luscious, full-bodied white blend.