- 1 pound cooked large shrimp, coarsely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- 1 tablespoon minced flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Ten 3-inch round white dinner rolls or sourdough rolls
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 325°. In a medium bowl, mix the shrimp with the celery, mayonnaise, lemon juice, chives, parsley and basil; season the shrimp salad with salt and pepper.
Using a paring knife, cut a 2-inch round from the top of each roll. Discard the filling from the rolls, set the rolls on a baking sheet and warm in the oven, about 5 minutes. Butter the inside of the rolls and fill with the shrimp salad. Top with the lids and serve.