- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Kosher or sea salt, to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Eight 8-inch flour tortillas
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
How to make this recipe
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil and then add shrimp. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the shrimp is pink and cooked through. Season with lime juice, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Set aside to cool.
- Spread half of the cheese on top of 4 tortillas. Top with the chicken and red onions. Add a final layer of cheese and gently spread the filling evenly around each tortilla. Top with the remaining tortillas.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. Place a filled tortilla on the pan, and cook the tortilla for about 3 minutes or until the bottom is golden. Carefully flip the quesadilla and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes until the second side is golden and the cheese is completely melted.
- Remove from the pan and repeat with the remaining quesadillas. Allow each to cool for a few minutes before cutting into 4 to 6 pieces.
Salsa, guacamole and sour cream.