- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Kosher or sea salt, to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Eight 8-inch flour tortillas
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
How to make this recipe
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil and then add shrimp. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the shrimp is pink and cooked through. Season with lime juice, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Set aside to cool.
Spread half of the cheese on top of 4 tortillas. Top with the chicken and red onions. Add a final layer of cheese and gently spread the filling evenly around each tortilla. Top with the remaining tortillas.
Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. Place a filled tortilla on the pan, and cook the tortilla for about 3 minutes or until the bottom is golden. Carefully flip the quesadilla and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes until the second side is golden and the cheese is completely melted.
Remove from the pan and repeat with the remaining quesadillas. Allow each to cool for a few minutes before cutting into 4 to 6 pieces.
Salsa, guacamole and sour cream.