- 1 Anaheim or poblano pepper—halved, cored and thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup mixed pitted olives, chopped
- Two 1/4-inch-thick slices of lemon, halved
- Two 1/4-inch-thick slices of orange, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 rosemary sprig
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 pounds large head-on shrimp—heads and tails left on, bodies shelled and deveined
- Grilled country bread, for serving
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 450°. In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients except the shrimp and bread. Add the shrimp and toss to evenly coat. Scrape the shrimp into a large ovenproof skillet and roast for 20 minutes, stirring once, until the shrimp are just cooked through. Serve with grilled bread.
The shrimp can be tossed with all of the ingredients except the bread up to 5 hours in advance; bring to room temperature before cooking.
White wines from the Mediterranean naturally go well with Mediterranean flavors. Try a Vermentino.