- 1/4 cup pomegranate molasses
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons hot curry powder
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 canned tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound large shrimp, shelled and deveined, tails left on
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
How to make this recipe
In a small jar, mix the pomegranate molasses with the water.
Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a small saucepan. Add the onion and curry powder and cook over moderately high heat, stirring often, until the onion is softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the pomegranate mixture and tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook, stirring often, until the onion is very soft, about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper, add them to the skillet and stir-fry over moderately high heat until firm to the touch and just cooked through, about 2 minutes. Stir in the cilantro.
Spoon the shrimp onto plates, pour the pomegranate curry sauce on top and serve immediately.
One Serving Calories 314 kcal, Total Fat 13 gm, Saturated Fat 1.2 gm.