- 1 1/2 pounds shelled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- One 2-inch piece of ginger, peeled and julienned, plus 1 1/2 tablespoons
- 8 scallions, white and light green parts only, cut into 1 1/2-inch lengths
- 1/4 teaspoon hot chili oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Chinese black beans, rinsed and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- White rice, for serving
How to make this recipe
In a medium bowl, toss the shrimp with the cornstarch.
In a wok, heat the peanut oil until shimmering. Add the minced ginger, half of the scallions and the chili oil and stir-fry over high heat for 30 seconds. Add the shrimp and julienned ginger; stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the remaining scallions and the black beans. Stir in the soy, water and vinegar. Simmer until the sauce is slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Serve with white rice.