- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon harissa or hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large fennel bulb—halved, cored and shaved paper-thin
- 4 celery ribs, very thinly sliced
- 2 navel oranges, peeled and thinly sliced crosswise
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds shelled and deveined large shrimp
- 1/2 cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives
How to make this recipe
In a bowl, whisk the lemon juice and <em>harissa</em> with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Add the fennel, celery and orange slices, season with salt and pepper and toss. Transfer the salad to plates.
In a large skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil until smoking. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and add to the skillet. Cook, stirring once, until just pink and curled, about 2 minutes. Transfer the shrimp to a plate.
Add the grapefruit juice to the skillet and cook until reduced by half. Swirl in the butter, then add the chives and shrimp; simmer for 2 minutes, stirring. Top the salad with the shrimp and serve.
Minerally, citrusy Sauvignon Blanc.