Shrimp Cocktail with Marie Rose Sauce
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
The Corner Suite Bistro De Luxe • Vancouver
Chef and Food Network Canada star Anthony Sedlak spikes the '70s throwback Marie Rose sauce (mayonnaise and a touch of ketchup) with brandy and horseradish. It's fantastic with shrimp cocktail as well as fried seafood like battered cod.
More Delicious Shrimp Dishes
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives
- 2 teaspoons horseradish, preferably finely grated fresh
- 1/4 teaspoon brandy
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound shelled and deveined cooked large shrimp
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 Hass avocado, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons canned fried onions
- Toasted baguette slices, for serving
- In a large bowl, mix the mayonnaise with the ketchup, lemon juice, snipped chives, horseradish and brandy and season with salt and pepper. Add the shrimp and toss to coat.
- Make a bed of the shredded lettuce on plates or in martini glasses. Top with the shrimp cocktail and arrange the avocado alongside. Garnish with the fried onions and serve with baguette toasts.