- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives
- 2 teaspoons horseradish, preferably finely grated fresh
- 1/4 teaspoon brandy
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound shelled and deveined cooked large shrimp
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 Hass avocado, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons canned fried onions
- Toasted baguette slices, for serving
In a large bowl, mix the mayonnaise with the ketchup, lemon juice, snipped chives, horseradish and brandy and season with salt and pepper. Add the shrimp and toss to coat.
Make a bed of the shredded lettuce on plates or in martini glasses. Top with the shrimp cocktail and arrange the avocado alongside. Garnish with the fried onions and serve with baguette toasts.