- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 ripe plum tomatoes—peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and ground white pepper
- Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 18 medium shrimp—shelled and deveined with the tails left on
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons savory greens juice
- 2 tablespoons dry vermouth
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 6 cilantro sprigs and 6 celery ribs with leafy tops, for garnish
How to make this recipe
In a small saucepan, stir the sugar with 1/4 cup of water over moderate heat until dissolved; let cool.
In a medium saucepan of boiling water, cook the shrimp until pink throughout, about 2 minutes. Drain, rinse with cold water and pat dry.
Scoop the tomato sorbet into 6 martini glasses. Spoon 1 tablespoon of greens juice and 1 teaspoon of vermouth into each glass and garnish each serving with 1 teaspoon of sour cream, a cilantro sprig and a celery rib. Arrange 3 shrimp around the rim of each glass and serve.
One Serving Calories 94 kcal, Protein 7 gm, Carbohydrate 12 gm, Cholesterol 48 mg, Total Fat 1.5 gm, Saturated Fat .6 gm.