© Hotze Eisma
Shrimp Brochettes with Avocado-Cilantro Salad
- SERVINGS: 10
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 Hass avocados
- 1 1/2 pounds tomatoespeeled, seeded and diced
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 10 large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- In a large bowl, whisk the lemon juice with 1/4 cup of the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Halve and pit the avocados, and cut them into 1/4-inch dice. Add to the bowl and toss with the dressing. Fold in the tomatoes and cilantro. Refrigerate the salad until chilled.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Thread each shrimp lengthwise onto a skewer to keep it straight. Brush the shrimp skewers with olive oil and season them with salt and pepper. Grill the shrimp over moderately high heat until cooked, about 2 minutes per side.
- Spoon the avocado salad onto 10 salad plates. Top each salad with a warm grilled shrimp and serve at once.
The fruit and acidity of a rosé will highlight the dried fruit and sweet spices in the main dishes.