© Frances Janisch
Shrimp Boil with Three-Bean Salad
- ACTIVE: 25 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 40 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
The Good News This dish combines omega-3-rich shrimp and heart-healthy beans in a sweet and tangy Creole mustard dressing.
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 10 large garlic cloves, unpeeled, plus 3 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 2 quarts water
- 3/4 pound yellow wax beans
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons thyme leaves
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound large shrimp, shelled
- 2 tablespoons Creole mustard
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 3/4 cup shelled thawed edamame
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained
- Preheat the oven to 400°. On a sheet of foil, drizzle the olive oil on the unpeeled garlic, wrap up and bake for 40 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water to a boil, add the wax beans and cook them until just tender, about 4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer them to a large bowl. Add the sliced garlic, bay leaves, thyme, lemon zest and juice, cayenne and 1 1/2 teaspoons each of salt and pepper to the saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes. Add the shrimp and simmer for 3 minutes. Transfer the shrimp to a baking sheet. Let the shrimp boil cool to room temperature, then return the shrimp to it.
- Peel the roasted garlic. In a mini food processor, puree the roasted garlic with the mustard, rice vinegar and honey. Slowly blend in the 1/4 cup of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the wax beans with the edamame, chickpeas and dressing. Mound the salad on plates, top with the shrimp and serve.
Notes One Serving 401 cal, 19 gm total fat, 2.6 gm saturated fat, 24 gm carb, 7 gm fiber.