Shrimp Boil with Three-Bean Salad
- ACTIVE: 25 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 40 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
The Good News This dish combines omega-3-rich shrimp and heart-healthy beans in a sweet and tangy Creole mustard dressing.
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 10 large garlic cloves, unpeeled, plus 3 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 2 quarts water
- 3/4 pound yellow wax beans
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons thyme leaves
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound large shrimp, shelled
- 2 tablespoons Creole mustard
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 3/4 cup shelled thawed edamame
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained
- Preheat the oven to 400°. On a sheet of foil, drizzle the olive oil on the unpeeled garlic, wrap up and bake for 40 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water to a boil, add the wax beans and cook them until just tender, about 4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer them to a large bowl. Add the sliced garlic, bay leaves, thyme, lemon zest and juice, cayenne and 1 1/2 teaspoons each of salt and pepper to the saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes. Add the shrimp and simmer for 3 minutes. Transfer the shrimp to a baking sheet. Let the shrimp boil cool to room temperature, then return the shrimp to it.
- Peel the roasted garlic. In a mini food processor, puree the roasted garlic with the mustard, rice vinegar and honey. Slowly blend in the 1/4 cup of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the wax beans with the edamame, chickpeas and dressing. Mound the salad on plates, top with the shrimp and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.