Shrimp Boil Hobo Packs
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
A classic Southern shrimp boil involves cooking a kettle of shrimp, corn and sausage with pickling spices, notably bay leaf, cloves and mustard seed. Here, all the ingredients are tucked inside foil packets, seasoned with Old Bay and cooked right on the grill.
More Grilled Seafood Recipes
- 24 shelled and deveined large shrimp (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 16 mussels (about 10 ounces), scrubbed
- 6 ounces kielbasa, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 large ear of corn, shucked and cut into 8 rounds
- 4 thyme sprigs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 4 pieces
- Old Bay seasoning
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup water
- Light a grill. Lay four 24-by-18-inch sheets of heavy-duty foil on a work surface. Fold each sheet in half crosswise. On the lower half of each sheet, arrange the seafood, kielbasa, corn, thyme and butter; season with Old Bay. Fold the top half of each sheet over the bottom half and seal tightly on 2 sides. Into each packet, pour 1 tablespoon each of wine and water; seal tightly.
- Grill the packets on the grate over moderately high heat, turning once, until puffed, about 10 minutes. Cut open each packet, pour the contents into bowls and serve.