- 1 baguette, cut crosswise into thirty 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 tablespoon pure olive oil
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced pancetta
- 3/4 pound cooked shrimp, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, plus more for spreading
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 ounces baby arugula
- 4 small plum tomatoes, thinly sliced crosswise
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 350°. Spread the baguette slices on a large rimmed baking sheet and bake for about 8 minutes, or until just crisp. Let cool.
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the pancetta slices in an even layer and cook over moderate heat until crisp, about 2 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels and crumble.
In a medium bowl, mix the shrimp with the mayonnaise, basil and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on each of the baguette slices. Top with an arugula leaf, a slice of tomato and a scant tablespoon of the shrimp salad. Sprinkle with the crumbled pancetta and serve.
The shrimp salad can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.