- SERVINGS: 4
Paulie'' in Houston makes a classic BLT even better by adding grilled shrimp in a creamy sauce.
- 12 slices smoked bacon
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon Champagne or white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 4 kaiser rolls, split
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 thick slices of tomato
- 4 lettuce leaves
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon until crisp and brown, about 5 minutes; drain.
- In a large, deep skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil until shimmering. Add the scallions and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the wine and vinegar and boil over high heat until reduced to 2 tablespoons, about 3 minutes. Add the cream and cook until reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Stir in the butter; season the sauce with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a cast-iron grill pan. In a bowl, toss the shrimp with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Grill the shrimp, turning once, until just cooked through, about 4 minutes. Add the shrimp to the sauce; simmer just until the sauce is thick enough to coat the shrimp, 3 minutes.
- Toast the kaiser rolls. In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise with the mustard and spread it on the top half of each roll. Arrange the bacon on the bottom half of each roll and top with the shrimp and sauce, sliced tomato and the lettuce leaves. Cover with the tops of the rolls, cut in half and serve right away.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.