- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup mirin
- 1 cup sake
- 2 lemons, very thinly sliced
- 2 jalapeños, very thinly sliced
- 1 pound medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 pound large sea scallops
- Vegetable oil, for grilling
How to make this recipe
In a glass or ceramic baking dish, combine the soy sauce with the mirin, sake, lemon slices and jalapeños.
Thread the shrimp onto 8 pairs of bamboo skewers and add them to the marinade, turning to coat. Repeat with the scallops. Refrigerate the seafood for 30 minutes, turning once halfway through, then drain.
Light a grill and oil the grates. Brush the shrimp and scallops with oil and grill over high heat, turning once or twice, until lightly charred, about 4 minutes. Serve right away.
Grilled eggplant and scallions.
Vibrant, fruit-forward rosé.