Shrimp and Lemon Skewers with Feta-Dill Sauce
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
Squeeze the charred lemons over the shrimp before serving for a tangy, smoky hit of flavor. You may want to make extra feta sauce to have with lean lamb steaks or chicken skewers.
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 scallion, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced
- 4 large garlic cloves, very finely chopped
- 2 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped dill
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (2 ounces)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 2 lemons, each cut into 12 wedges
- Light a grill. In a medium bowl, mix the yogurt with the scallion, 1/4 of the garlic and 1/2 tablespoon of the dill. Stir in the feta, mashing it slightly. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining minced garlic and 2 tablespoons of dill with the olive oil. Add the shrimp and lemons, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Thread 4 shrimp and 2 lemon wedges onto each of 12 skewers. Season with salt and pepper and grill over a medium-hot fire, turning occasionally, until the shrimp are charred and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Transfer the skewers to a platter and serve at once with the feta sauce.