- 1/4 bunch cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 1 jalapeño
- 1 small garlic clove
- 2 scallions, green parts only
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound broccoli, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 large shrimp (about 3/4 pound), deveined
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
How to make this recipe
Add the cilantro, jalapeño, garlic, scallions, coconut milk, and salt to a blender and process until smooth.
In a large skillet, add the coconut sauce to the pan and bring to a gentle simmer, stirring occasionally, about 6 minutes. Add the broccoli, season with salt and pepper; cook over medium heat until tender and the sauce coats the stems and florets, about 5 minutes. Transfer the broccoli mixture to a plate and set aside.
Return the skillet to the stove set over medium-high heat. Add the oil and heat until shimmering. Toss in the shrimp, season with salt, and cook until pink and seared, about 2 minutes per side. Add the broccoli and sauce back to the pan; pour in the lemon juice and toss to coat.
Transfer the shrimp and broccoli to a serving dish and pour over the sauce. Garnish with cilantro and serve warm.