Shrimp-and-Bok Choy Stir-Fry with Crispy Noodles
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Chef Way shrimp in stock, soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, chili oil, sesame oil and mirin, then tops the dish with crispy deep-fried noodles.
Healthier Way Stir-fry shrimp in a small amount of oil and top with a light sprinkling of crunchy instant ramen noodles.
More Fast Asian Noodle Recipes
- 3/4 cup chicken stock or low-sodium broth
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in 1 tablespoon of water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons finely julienned peeled fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/4 pound shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and caps thinly sliced
- 1 small head of bok choy (about 12 ounces), thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 pound medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1/4 package instant ramen noodles or fried Chinese noodles, crumbled
- Brown rice, for serving
- In a small bowl, whisk the low-sodium chicken broth with the soy sauce, mirin and cornstarch slurry.
- Heat a nonstick wok or large, deep skillet until very hot, about 3 minutes. Add the canola oil, julienned ginger, garlic and crushed red pepper and stir-fry until fragrant, about 20 seconds. Add the onion and shiitake slices and stir-fry until they are lightly browned and nearly tender, about 3 minutes. Add the sliced bok choy and cook until the leaves are wilted and the stems are crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Add the shrimp and stir-fry until they are pink and curled and nearly cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Stir the sauce, then stir it into the wok and cook until it is slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Transfer the shrimpandbok choy stir-fry to a medium serving bowl and garnish with the crispy noodles. Serve the stir-fry with brown rice.
Off-dry, citrusy Riesling from New Zealand.