- 20 baby beets (1 1/4 pounds), preferably a mixture of white, golden and red, greens trimmed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon chicken stock, canned low-sodium broth or water
- 3/4 pound medium shrimp—shelled, deveined and butterflied
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- Put each color of beet into a separate small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, salt the water and simmer over low heat until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and peel the beets.
- In a medium skillet, melt the butter in 1/4 cup of the chicken stock. Add the shrimp, season with salt and pepper and cook over moderate heat, stirring, for 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the shrimp to a plate and cover loosely with foil.
- Add the sherry vinegar and the beets to the skillet and bring to a simmer over moderate heat. Stir in the capers, chives parsley, shrimp and the remaining 1 tablespoon of stock and season with salt and pepper. Serve at once.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.