- 12 medium shrimp (about 5 ounces), shelled and deveined
- 2 kaiser rolls, halved
- Dijon mustard, for serving
- 4 Spiced Kirby Pickles, very thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into thin lengthwise slices
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup finely shredded basil leaves
- Hot pepper sauce
How to make this recipe
In a small saucepan of boiling water, cook the shrimp until bright pink and just opaque throughout, about 1 minute. Drain and halve the shrimp lengthwise.
Spread the kaiser rolls with mustard. Arrange half the Spiced Kirby Pickles on the bottom half of each roll. Layer the avocado and tomato on top, seasoning both with salt and pepper. Arrange half the shrimp and basil on each sandwich and add a dash of hot sauce. Cover with the top halves of the rolls, cut the sandwiches in half and serve.