Shrimp and Avocado Pockets
- SERVINGS: 6
Here's a no-cook recipe for anyone who doesn't want to turn on the stove.
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked shelled shrimp, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 ripe Hass avocados, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 cups torn frisée
- 6 pita breads
- In a large bowl, whisk the lemon juice with the garlic, salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in the oil. Add all of the remaining salad ingredients and toss well. Stuff the pita breads with the shrimp salad and serve.