Shrimp a la Plancha with Pimentón & Garlic Oil
- ACTIVE: 10 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: 4
- 3 garlic cloves, halved
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pimentón de la Vera (smoked Spanish paprika)
- 12 large shrimp (about 1/2 pound), shelled and deveined
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Crusty bread, for serving
- In a small saucepan, cook the garlic in 1/2 cup of the oil over very low heat for 30 minutes. Add the pimentón and cook for 30 minutes longer. Discard the garlic. Pour the oil into a heatproof bowl.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper, add them to the skillet and cook over moderate heat until opaque, about 1 minute per side. Remove the skillet from the heat and toss the shrimp with the lemon juice and parsley. Transfer the shrimp to a shallow bowl and drizzle with some of the garlic-pimentón oil. Serve the remaining oil alongside, with crusty bread.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.