- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 small serrano chile, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon crème fraîche, buttermilk or sour cream
- 1/2 cup raw pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 4 ounces pea shoots (2 cups)
- 8 ounces extra-firm tofu, drained well and shredded on the large holes of a box grater
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
How to make this recipe
In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar with the honey, serrano and 3 tablespoons of the olive oil; whisk in the crème fraîche and season with salt.
In a large skillet, toast the <em>pepitas</em> over moderate heat, stirring, until golden, about 5 minutes. Transfer the <em>pepitas</em> to a small bowl. In the skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the pea shoots and stir-fry over high heat just until wilted, about 30 seconds; transfer to a plate.
Add the tofu and two-thirds each of the <em>pepitas,</em> sesame seeds and dressing to the skillet. Stir-fry over moderate heat until the tofu is warmed through. Season with salt and transfer to a platter. Top with the pea shoots and the remaining <em>pepitas,</em> sesame seeds and dressing and serve.
The dressing can be refrigerated overnight.
Citrusy Grüner Veltliner.