Shredded Parmesan Brussels Sprouts
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 50 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8
Why are these ridiculously easy brussels sprouts so good? First they're coarsely shredded, which gives them an appealing texture. Then the sprouts are roasted in a hot oven until they're lightly charred, which enhances their nutty sweetness. They're finished with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese, which melts into the leaves.
- 3 pounds brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425°. In a food processor fitted with a slicing blade, coarsely shred the brussels sprouts. On 2 large rimmed baking sheets, toss the brussels sprouts with the olive oil, season with salt and pepper and spread in an even layer. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes, until the brussels sprouts are tender and browned in spots; rotate the pans and stir the brussels sprouts halfway through roasting. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese, toss and bake for 1 more minute, or until the cheese is melted. Transfer the brussels sprouts to a bowl and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.