© Christopher Testani
Shredded Green Cabbage Salad with Lemon and Garlic
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 8
This light, tangy salad could not be simpler: shredded green cabbage tossed with lemon, garlic, olive oil and salt. Wonderful with fish, the salad is also a popular accompaniment to kaftah, or Middle Eastern braised ground beef.
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds green cabbage, cored and finely shredded
- Kosher salt
- In a mortar, pound the garlic to a puree. Stir in the lemon juice and olive oil.
- In a large bowl, toss the cabbage with the dressing. Season with salt and toss again. Serve right away or lightly chilled.