- One 6-ounce boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 clove of garlic, finely minced
- Sea salt
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
How to make this recipe
Add the chicken breast to a small saucepan and cover halfway with water. Cover the pan and bring it to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer the chicken for 25 minutes, or until very tender. Remove from the heat and drain the water from the pan. Shred the chicken using two forks.
Meanwhile, prepare the quinoa. Add the quinoa and 1 1/2 cups water to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat then reduce the heat to low. Cook, covered, for 12 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
In a small bowl whisk together the maple syrup, 1 tablespoon of water, soy sauce, sesame oil, vegetable oil and garlic. Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt.
In a large bowl toss together the shredded chicken and cooked quinoa with the dressing. Add the red pepper, toasted sesame seeds and cilantro and toss to coat. Serve immediately.