© Ingalls Photography
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus more for greasing
- 1/2 cup Hand-Cut Orange-and-Lemon Marmalade
- Vanilla ice cream and mint leaves, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 300°. In a large bowl, mix the flour and sugar. Add the butter and gently work it into the flour with your fingers until a dough forms.
- Line a 10-by-15-inch rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper; butter the paper. Press the dough evenly into the prepared pan, about 1/3 inch thick. With a knife, score the dough into 2 1/2-by-2-inch bars. Bake the shortbread for about 50 minutes, until pale golden and set. While the shortbread is still hot, cut it into bars. Transfer the baking sheet to a rack and let cool.
- Set 1 shortbread bar on each plate and spoon about 1 tablespoon of the marmalade on each one. Top each shortbread with ice cream, garnish with mint and serve.
Make AheadThe shortbread can be kept in an airtight container for up to 3 days or frozen for up to 1 month.