- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, plus more for the ramekins
- 1 cup thinly sliced white or cremini mushrooms
- 3 large Swiss chard leaves, stems and ribs removed, leaves shredded
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 400° and lightly butter four 1/2-cup ramekins. In a medium skillet, melt the 1 tablespoon of butter. Add the mushrooms and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until tender and just beginning to brown, about 4 minutes. Add the chard leaves and stock and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until wilted, 2 to 3 minutes; season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the vegetables into the ramekins. Crack 2 eggs into each ramekin. Add 1 tablespoon of the cream to each and sprinkle each with 1/2 tablespoon of the Parmesan cheese. Bake for about 13 minutes, or until the egg whites are just set. Serve right away.