© Wendell T. Webber
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: Makes 18 drinks
Shinsei • Dallas
At Shinsei in Dallas, bartenders stir lychees and sake into their house white sangria, adding an Asian twist to a Spanish classic.
Plus: Ultimate Cocktail Guide
- 3 pears, sliced
- 3 oranges, sliced
- 6 Granny Smith apples, sliced
- 24 canned lychees, drained
- 1 1/2 pineapples, peeled and cut into large chunks
- One 750-milliliter bottle vodka
- One 750-milliliter bottle Sauvignon Blanc or other dry, citrusy white wine
- One 750-milliliter bottle sake
- In an airtight container or large bowl covered with plastic wrap, combine all of the ingredients except the ice and refrigerate for at least 24 hours. Strain the mixture into a punch bowl, discarding all of the fruit except for 18 of the lychees. Add enough ice to chill the sangria to serving temperature. Serve in ice-filled white wine glasses and garnish with the reserved lychees.