- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/2 pound shiitake mushrooms, stems discarded and caps cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 Chinese sausages, cut into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups Asian short-grain sticky rice, soaked overnight and drained
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
How to make this recipe
In a medium saucepan, heat the oil. Add the onion and cook over moderate heat until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the shiitake and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 4 minutes. Add the Chinese sausages and wine and bring to a boil over moderately high heat. Stir in the rice, chicken stock, soy sauce and salt and bring to a boil, stirring a few times.
Cover the rice and cook over low heat until the stock is absorbed and the rice is tender, about 12 minutes. Let the rice stand, covered, for 5 minutes, then stir in the parsley and serve.