- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Four 10-ounce pork shoulder blade steaks, about 1 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
Light a grill. In a small skillet, toast the cumin seeds over moderately high heat until fragrant, about 20 seconds. Let cool.
In a small bowl, combine the chili powder with the chipotle, oregano and parsley. Season the pork on both sides with salt. Spread with the mustard. Sprinkle with the cumin, then the chili mixture.
Drizzle the pork steaks with olive oil and grill them over a medium-hot fire, until nicely charred and cooked through, about 8 minutes per side. Transfer the steaks to a platter and let them rest for 5 minutes before serving.