© Tina Rupp
- ACTIVE: 05 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes 1/3 cup
Soaking shallot slices in vinegar makes them deliciously pickle-like. For a tarter flavor, let the shallots soak for up to 2 hours.
Plus: More Perfect Salad Dressings
Great Green Salads
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- In a small bowl, toss the shallot with the vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Let stand for 15 minutes, then whisk in the oil.
NotesGreat With Cucumber salad, sliced tomatoes, pasta salad, steak salad, steamed asparagus or green beans.