Sheep's-Milk Ricotta Gnocchi
- ACTIVE: 30 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: 8
- 1 1/2 cups sheep's-milk ricotta (13 ounces)
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, plus more for sprinkling
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- In a large bowl, combine the ricotta with the egg yolks and salt until blended. Add the 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons of flour and stir until a very soft, sticky dough forms. Turn the dough out onto a work surface and sprinkle with flour. Wrap the dough in plastic and let rest for 30 minutes.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll the dough into 2 ropes that are each about 1 inch in diameter. Using a floured knife, cut the ropes into 1/2-inch slices. Transfer the gnocchi to a baking sheet lined with wax paper and sprinkle with flour.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the gnocchi and cook until they rise to the surface, then simmer the gnocchi until firm, about 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the gnocchi to a bowl of ice water to cool them quickly and stop the cooking. Drain and gently pat dry.
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt the butter. Add the gnocchi and cook over high heat, turning once, until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Serve right away.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.