Shaved Zucchini Salad with Parmigiano and Pistachios
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 6
One of the wonderful things about winemaker Louis-Michel Liger-Belair's lemony salad is that it's so quick to make. Since the zucchini is served raw, be sure to use the smallest, freshest ones you can find. The salad can be garnished with pistachios, which add a little sweetness, or Italian pine nuts.
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 pounds small, firm zucchini, very thinly sliced lengthwise on a mandoline
- 1/3 cup shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (about 1 1/2 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons lightly salted roasted pistachios
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil with the lemon zest and juice. Season with salt and pepper. In a large bowl, toss the sliced zucchini with the lemon dressing. Add the Parmesan and the pistachios, toss again and serve.