- 1 1/2 tablespoons black or white sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons white miso paste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 Thai chile, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 firm medium zucchini
- 1 sheet of nori, julienned (see Note)
How to make this recipe
- If using white sesame seeds, in a small skillet, toast them over moderate heat until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the miso paste, soy sauce, scallions, rice vinegar, lemon juice, sugar and chile. Whisk in the olive oil and stir in the cilantro; season with salt and pepper.
- Using a mandoline, cut the zucchini lengthwise into paper-thin slices. In a very large bowl, toss the zucchini with the dressing. Transfer to a platter. Scatter the nori and toasted sesame seeds on top and serve right away.
The miso vinaigrette can be refrigerated overnight.
The easiest way to julienne the nori is with a pair of scissors.