- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 10
Thanksgiving with this tangle of multicolored vegetablesradishes, golden beet and carrotstossed with a lemon-dill dressing. Because they're served raw, the vegetables should be sliced very thin, in a food processor or preferably on a mandoline. Symon recommends using a Greek feta for the salad's cheese garnish, because he likes that Greek feta is saltier than some others.
More Thanksgiving Vegetable Side Dishes
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 small celery root, peeled and very thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 small golden beet, peeled and very thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 small red onion, very thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 medium carrots, very thinly sliced crosswise
- 6 radishes, very thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 garlic clove, mince
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 ounces feta cheese, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spread the almonds in a pie plate and toast until golden, about 7 minutes. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the celery root, beet, onion, carrots and radishes. In a small bowl, whisk the garlic with the lemon juice, oil and dill and season with salt and pepper. Add the dressing and feta to the sliced vegetables and toss well. Transfer to a platter, garnish with the almonds and serve.
Substantial Rhône-style whites from California tend to have rich, ripe fruit that's excellent with earthy root vegetables.